Kirby Rowbotham twin cylinder twin plug setup

GBewley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a bike in which is equipped with a Rowbotham ignition system, but I have no information on the system. Do any of you happen to have a copy of the installation/wiring diagrams you could scan and forward to me?

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
KR will package most proprietory systems. The one on my S7 Sunbeam is Payzone ("Surefire" I think - there are two or three variants) fitted into the distributor housing by KR. So you might be better 'phoning him to identify exactly which system you have. If it is a Pazon Surefire, then I have wiring diagrams. (Payzon was set up by guys who quit Boyer Bransden. The main difference is that Boyer reverted to full advance if the voltage dropped under 10, as it routinely did on electric start Norton Commandos, making starting interesting...by comparison Pazon is boring...)

I have a bike in which is equipped with a Rowbotham ignition system, but I have no information on the system. Do any of you happen to have a copy of the installation/wiring diagrams you could scan and forward to me?

nkt267

VOC Member
Try Googling 'Boyer Bransden' I think they have a lot of the info you may need on their site..john

Black Flash

VOC Member
going back 15 years Kirby was extremly helpful and even invited us to his home to show us his latest gadgets. If your unit is based on a Boyer device I would not take the chance and play with it. the earlier units melted immediately once connected the wrong direction.
Give Kirby a call, I am sure he will tell you all you need to know and he was ( and surely still is) always good for a chat !

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
glen, my egli has twin plug heads and a kirby rowbotham ignition system (except for the coils which are some great big clonky american things) and it has been 100% reliable. That system was already on the bike when you rode the bike with you massive size 15 boots resting on the rear brake pedal! I still have all the paperwork that came with the system so maybe I can scan it or something, anyway it is very straightforward so give me a ring and I will try to help.
thanks
mark