Kicked Out!!!

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I see that even though I have paid my dues and have my new membership number I am now treated as a non-member on the forums. When I tried to reply to the threads about this I was told "Insufficient Privlidges" - crazy bit is I can make new threads.

Now - if the VOC has all of my details - and my money - what in the heck stops them from administering the forums in a civilized way and if someone in the "back office" makes a change then they should be responsible for fixing any mess they create - not me.

Like a lot of folks in the VOC I collect bikes - not envelopes.

Martyn Goodwin
VOC #18925AC

G

Graham Smith

Martin, the reason everyone had to be 'reverted' to non-VOC Member status has been well documented through the pages of this forum, and I don't intend to revisit it. A quick search will give you the reasons.

As far as I, and 99.9% of the other users of this forum is concerned, it IS administered in a civilised way - so much so that Tracey Tilley and I have spent many, many hours making sure Club Members get their access to the Members-Only part of the forum reinstated without delay. I can't say for sure how long Tracey has spent, but I personally didn't get to bed until 5am the other day - that's on top of doing MPH. It's been a significant task. Please don't forget that all Club officials are unpaid volunteers.

As far as making someone in the "back office" responsible for fixing any mess, then I will pass on your suggestion to the VOC's Managing Director when I telephone the VOC's headquarters later on today. I happen to know there's normally a couple of hundred paid employees sitting around waiting for something to do, so perhaps this is something they could do to pass their time?

Seriously though, if you don't have your new membership number, which is printed on MPH envelopes, or your Membership Card, then a simple e-mail would have been sufficient for Tracey or I to help you rather. Messages such as the one above aren't in the slightest bit helpful or encouraging.

Graham Smith

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Graham,

thanks for the informative reply - I' sure these is an army of ex-convicts in the colonies who may help you out - just kidding. :)

As I said in my post I do NOT have my MPH envelope and my membership number - which also was part of my post is

18925AC

With over 40 years as a project manager in the IT space I know all about the problems associatee with the transition from one system to another and the need to migrate data while at the same time causing minimal or no disruption to users. My professional experience was if you broke it - well you were responsible for fixing it. I do know what you are going through.

regards

Martyn

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
OK. I have upgraded you and filled in all the information from the Club database to the forum database.
For future reference my e mail is southwales499@voc.uk.com.
Or Facebook, Tracey Tilley.
As for the unpaid help, about 2 hours a day at the moment.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
One grateful Colonial says THANKS for being re-instated in less than 24 hours!! F5AB/2A/7945 since 1970

Black Flash

VOC Member
I typed in all that was needed in the afternoon and next morning everything was working again.
I call this sterling service. Many companies and the royal mail could learn a lot from this speedy service.

T H A N K Y O U

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Tracy,

How can I repay you? Thanks for resolving the matter - now if you need a colonial in a penal colony to assist in any way - let me know.

Martyn

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Another bloody colonial here...I have been wanting to act uncivilized for quite a while, but my wife won't let me - she says it scares the cats...Any advice?

John Cone

VOC Member
It's very frustrating for me to read the same old thing over and over again and i'm sure Graham and Tracey feel the same. Please, please take off your blinkers get ride of your tunnel vision and read all of the threads that appear on the home page and act upon it.