Kick Start Revolution(s)

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,
This thread started me thinking, so fished out my spare rebuilt magneto and ran it in the lathe. No sparks at first, this due to corrosion on the points, have noticed this before on unused ignition systems, even after a winter lay off. The Mag produces sparks at almost any RPM above zero, if the modern capacitor stands the stress it has to be the way to go.
Has anyone tried the new capacitor that fits in the points yet?
Have to agree with Alan J a good Mag is the best. The one on my solo has been making blue sparks for me for 47 years now, with only a couple of look see's in that time.

Gegards John.

Mmmmmmmmmm ......... but does it spark at the plug under cylinder pressure?

H

alscomet

VOC Member
Can we have the chap from essex reply to the thread,what spark plug does he use,what BTDC does he set the points,what carb is fitted,what fuel does he use,why is everyone so jealous of his hand starts?? If I tried a hand job I would most likely be arrested for trying. Alan

john998

VOC Member
Hello,
The spare mag was rebuilt by someone I trust, and the spark looks good. The one on the bike allows it to start first or second kick, not too shabby for 47 years on.
Can I ask again has anyone tried the capacitor that fits under the points yet? John.