KEEPING WITH THE TIMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Max, if you went to Vietnam then you should be used to obeying rules. You don't have to like them but they are the same for everyone. I will not be drawn into any discussion as it will be of no benefit to any of the other members. The "discussions" between you and the late Big Sid on JTAN were why many people left that particular forum. You ask that your feelings be considered but do not hesitate to malign others.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
...not understanding the feelings to my person by others was the catalyst to the dust ups I have never been one to cow down or turn the other cheek.
This is not the attitude most people would express if they intend on having a pleasant conversation, or exchange conflicting opinions on a technical issue with the goal of arriving at the correct answer, rather than engage in a verbal battle that they intend to "win."

Also, even in the best of circumstances it's completely unrealistic to expect anyone to "understand the feelings" of another person via messages posted on a forum like this. I won't criticize your spelling or grammar, but the fact is that quite often some of the content of your posts is difficult enough to understand at all without also expecting people to interpret your feelings or intent.

Please take all of the above (and my previous posts earlier today) as nothing but totally friendly observations offered in the hopes of being helpful.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Hi to all, instead of the rest of us users of this forum (moderators included) perpetuating the angst and/or disharmony on this forum by throwing in their own two bobs worth about a supposedly defamatory/derogatory/inappropriate post, why don't the Moderators simply delete the alleged offending post and contact the offender by PM instead of replying with a very public retort that draws in the vultures? I assume the Moderators have the ability/authority to delete posts?
The other option is to simply ignore posts that you "think" or "feel" might be antagonising (or again, contact member by PM).....isn't that what we teach our children?

Kevin

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
To merely delete posts would not serve any purpose as it would not educate..educating, and reminding everyone that there are in fact rules, quite reasonable ones at that. It is the role of the forums moderator to act in union with ones peers, to apply such rules as may be applicable in a gentlemanly fashion - if possible.
All of this is stressful. Please remember that moderators are members too, we are entitled to the same pleasant use of the forums as any other member..moderators are not compensated for this thankless task, and there have been quite a few days recently when it has been wretchedly thankless.

G

Graham Smith

I started this thread , this thread is closed, it has no purpose other then spewing slander.

Hi Max

Unfortunately, regular forum users cannot simply close threads - that's one of my privileges, although I've only done it probably less than half a dozen times.

Regards

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.