Just wondering

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
When I built my Vincent Rapide with matching numbers and turned it into a B Shadow , using all the good parts that the Shadow had in the day. I would like to ask the people that keep track of what makes one VIN more valuable then another VIN, did the vin gain or lose in value? The numbers no longer matched what it now was in all mechanical and cosmetic ways.

Something to think about

Cheers Max

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
It's like art or food, you can't argue what a person is going to like, or in this case, value. What you did may appeal to some, and not appeal to others.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Hi Steve

And interesting story goes with that bike, I sold the bike to Sonny when left working there and moved back to Wichita. He put it up on a rotating table in the show room of his shop and made a show room Queen out of the once proud , very fast road bike. It went round and round for twenty or so years in the show room losing its luster how ever Chris, Sonny's wife tried to fight the southern cal sea air. A Chines fellow about that time started building a Vincent, LOL with a Honda engine in it , he some how could put the Vincent name on them. He was in Sonny's shop one day
and the look a like caught his eye and he wanted a real one , they struck a deal and a sizable amount of money changed hands and sonny gave him the title. The remainder of the money was to be paid the next day on pick up. The next day Sonny took the check to the bank and there was a stop payment , the check was worthless. The next day the Chinaman showed and complained that the title showed it was a Rapide and not a Shadow , Sonny said that he had not represented it to be one. Sonny got his title back , and the Chinaman ask for his check back, well that didn't happen , behind the counter in the show room Sonny over the years put bad checks public view on a cork board, my guess its still there.