John Ulver has been Mugged (or not)

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have just received one of those e-mails asking for money because the subject has been mugged, robbed or something. It is supposedly from John so please ignore unless Irene can confirm it is true. Apparently John is in Nicosia however the domain of the e-mail indicates the old Czechoslovakia (cs); the .cs domain is now available via Serbia and I personally would trust anything that comes out of Serbia a little bit more than what comes out of North Korea or Albania.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
".cs" or cs.com? I see the email address as being @cs.com, which does not denote the former country, it's actually legit, a legacy from Compuserve and still an active email provider today. John has had that email almost literally forever, measured by the online service timeline.

In this day, this type of email should be instantly recognizable as a scam.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Remember that three years ago this happened to me each of the three times I left the UK. If they have done the same with John then the problem is that if he is away from home he might not be able to sort this out until he his home again and all emails from now until the sort out will be lost.. If anyone knows how to contact him, other than by email, then please let him know what has happened.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Remember that three years ago this happened to me each of the three times I left the UK. If they have done the same with John then the problem is that if he is away from home he might not be able to sort this out until he his home again and all emails from now until the sort out will be lost.. If anyone knows how to contact him, other than by email, then please let him know what has happened.
Not a problem - John was the first person to respond to this thread.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Hopefully, all is well with a new pass word now set..... if, I can remember to write the bugger down. We're thinking our new cat "Oedipus" (he's a momma's boy with a Greek name) may have been behind this.:mad: