• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Jim Sugg

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Jim, chief tester at Vincents. his farther was Austrian moved to Liverpool UK married a local lady and ran a Textile company, that's how Jim could race in the IOM, on a rent a Norton which I am told was quite common in those days.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The story goes that Dick MANN (a US racer) borrowed a G50 Matchless road bike from the factory in I think 1962, anyway, took the engine out and put it in a AJS 7R frame and came with in a few bike lengths of winning the DATONA 200.

MAX

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The rest of the story as I remember it . Dick in the day was a low bucks racer as many were and still are. Dick to compete for the AMA NATIONAL CHAMPION SHIP needed a flat tracker as that is one of the events of the champion ship quest . Dick wrangled his way to get a used BSA GOLD STAR RIDGED frame and put the G50 motor in it, changing only the cams. Dick went on to win the champion ship by 1 point
breaking the Harley 3 decade AMA rain. Most impressive was the fact that it was done with a SINGEL CYLINDER ENGINE, laying waste to the dominate V TWIN H.D.

MAX

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.