Jay Leno

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Another very watchable video from Jay, but with a few inaccuracies, the Mini signalled the end for the production of Vincents? but the time lines do not match. Did the Prince really have an electric razor kit supplied? He makes reference to Stuart Jenkinson (I think) but does not actually name him, but states that the owner of a Prince purchased one new in 1955, kept it for 60 years and put around 100k miles on it, well as we all know, Stuart's achievements were far more impressive than a mere 100k miles.

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Another very watchable video from Jay, but with a few inaccuracies, the Mini signalled the end for the production of Vincents? but the time lines do not match. Did the Prince really really an electric razor kit supplied? He makes reference to Stuart Jenkinson (I think) but does not actually name him, but states that the owner of a Prince purchased one new in 1955, kept it for 60 years and put around 100k miles on it, well as we all know, Stuart's achievements were far more impressive than a mere 100k miles.
I' not certain, but Leno may be referring to Dave Matson who built this Prince for Jay.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Jay made a few small mistakes ,
But I am letting it go because it was a very nice way to start the day :) ,
Sounds like a Vincent !!,
Shame he didn't show how the "D" centre stand works, For thems that don't know,
I think they are very good, Although I don't use all that extra metal, Racers keep the weight down !,
If I get older it might be a way to make my Bikes more easy to ride ?.
Cheers Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Nit picking I know but I don't think that the line of the paint which runs round the rear cowl is the otiginal. The line normally does not go as far back horizontally before heading downward as it does on this bike.