Misc: Everything Else Jaeger Clock Mount for Comet C

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a couple of these, batteries seem to last around two years, slightly expensive but well made, secured by a small grub screw. From "time4bikes" Not my bike !!
104961774770_s.png
174365533167.png

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I tried a clock like Gary's (post #25) and it stopped working within a day. Oh, well, what did I expect for so cheap?:(

Clock.jpg

Steve Morris

VOC Member
So, I have now purchased a Smiths clock from David Woods, he makes them using original cases with Quartz movements, a great job i think!

I am after a clock mount bracket, there are 2 in fact, ff69 & ff69/1. Before i order these from the spares shop does anyone have any spare they are willing to part with?

Thanks,

Steve.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
What a terrible shame, last week you could have purchased off eBay a totally original Smiths MA, 3" 8 day clock, not functioning, for parts only, it sold for the bargain price of £1083.00 + £5.00 postage, then for a mere couple of hundred quid you could have had it restored to give you days or even weeks of inaccurate and unreliable timekeeping, a fool and...........

Steve Morris

VOC Member
Yes, I was watching that one. Ridiculous price, absolutely ridiculous...

I paid David Woods £125 for mine, which I thought was a lot, until i saw what that one sold for.......

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I have a battery operated Smiths replica also, which is great, mine was not manufactured by David Woods, although I have seen his at Kempton Park in the past, the face on mine is not quite up to the standard of the Smiths originals, but more than adequate for my needs, how does the Woods one compare in face clarity?

vibrac

VOC Member
On the trial I use one of those cheap square plastic alarm clocks. during the night a tap with a glove and the face lights up. It sits with the route roller all year and is still running when the next trial appears and I then change the battery