Misc: Everything Else Jaeger Clock Mount for Comet C

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Mounting that size of time clock onto any bike would never be my choice, does not really enhance looks I feel. i would be in doubt of even fitting a rev counter, a speedometer is the legal minimum, so be it. So one of the hundreds of handlebar clocks at Ebay at no money would be possibly acceptable as it is small enough not to spoil looks.

handlebar clock silver, black, gold

Vic

vibrac

VOC Member
To reduce the clutter on handlebars and forks and thus the fork weight is the aim of many motorcycle designers do I recall that a fully sprung headlight was on the cards for the early post war Vincent? And the evidence is the undrilled bosses on the steering head lower casting?

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
If I understand which bosses you're talking about, they're also drilled on the "D".

VincentClock.jpg
I installed a cheap - very cheap - Ebay clock. This one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...153355?hash=item2ac5fa7a8b:g:gsoAAOSwsW9YwSzc

I had to modify it slightly. The clock is very poorly fastened in its outer case, so I drilled and taped the case for three little stainless metric allen screws. As I recall they're 2mm. This bike's a rider, so limited non-standard items don't bother me.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Morris

VOC Member
Steve, those car clocks look a bit heavy on a bike, and when the genuine article crops up from time to time, (no pun intended) they push up near to £1k, utter madness in my opinion, if you just want to tell the time when you are in the saddle, but you want it to look right you could do a lot worse than buy a battery operated replica, exact correct size, even comes with a replica winder knob (not functional) keeps perfect time, doesn't matter if it shakes itself to bits as it doesn't cost too much in the first place, when it stops working, change the battery, what is there not to like. Oh forgot to say, don't enter the bike into any concours competitions, they might just spot that it is a fake and you will not win a plastic trophy, ironic isn't it.
Hi Peter, Where can you buy this replica from? I have searched high and low but cannot find one?

Thanks,

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
You are correct, but I didn't have any more room on the handlebar for the type you mention.

I don't really care what time it is either. We old coots don't have that much left anyway. But my wife is always nervous when I ride, so I try not to be much later than I "promised". Hah!

Gary