Jack Lazenby

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks to George Petch VOC member I spent yesterday with Jack at his home near Grimsby I have not seen him since I left Vincents in 1955 he was bright as a button very good memory for names and events at our time at Vincents Jack was involved with Lightnings the Montlhery event Picadors and the flying off thanks once again to George to make this possible

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
I see Jack Lazenby Good friend George Petch has joined us on the forum if you need a Honda or Suzuki he is your man

Last edited:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
vincent guys still with us Jack furness. Alf searle, these are the two guy that had the vincent repair workshop at Cromer nr. Stevenage Jack still owns a comet I think he is 85 still has a good memory i will try to find a few more whilst i am in the Uk.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Had a good day in the UK, went to see Terry Wade and his wife Dorothy they both worked at Vincent's. Terry was there from 1937, worked on a lathe on series A parts, was called up for air force 1939, served in India and north Africa as rear gunner on Liberators returned to Vincent's 1947 in the service dept and lightnings then picadors and industrial engines. Gave me a wonderful picture off Gunga Din with Watsonian racing sidecar which he and John Surtees plus Jack Lazenby prepared for Pip Harris to race at Silverstone he finished second to Eric Oliver on a 600 Norton Dorothy worked in accounts from 1938 until 1954.

Last edited by a moderator:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
To day I was given a phone number at Hatfield not far from Stevenage the guy Gerald Howard he was in the service dept 1948. his Job was to strip and repair accident damage front forks, his wife Cris was a tracer in the drawing office they left vincents in 1953 to go to Africa on the ground nut project,

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
another good day yesterday was invited to lunch with ex Vincent fellow apppretice John Surtees at his home and saw a few of his trinkets and was suprised to find he still has time to ride his rare HRD C Black Shadow which I was told was sold at his fathers Vincent dealers shop in 1948 it is still in VGC.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
This morning had lunch with the late Ted Davis daughter Annie no vincent info left what books that were there have been given to a family member who is in the VOC. but she did give me the address of the lady on the back of the Black Prince in your june issue of MPH page 54 Joan Scott who was Teds sec.( sorry Tony Cording) I dont like given wrong info.will be going to see Joan in a hours time she lives 1/2 a mile from where I am staying with my brother Mick.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
back in Australia would like the thank the people who held me find these ex vincent people . I did visit Ted Davis ex sec. she still has a good memory and has put a lot of names to pictures that I have which I have passed on to Bob Culver. the lady seating on the vincent in your MPH may 2011 issue page 23 is Yvonne Leach she lives next door to Joan Scott. we all put our good life down to Mrs. Legget tea she run the vincent canteen,

Last edited: