J.G. Regulator location.

piggywig

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My twin is about to be fitted with a J.G. Reg. which comes with all instructions for wiring, but where to mount it?? The obvious place is atop the dynamo clamp as per my current car type 6 volt regulator/cutout, but other manufacturers of similar modern electronic 12 volt conversions suggest the unit mounts "in a cool air position". Is this a requirement for the J.G., and where are all the J.G. users hiding theirs that are operating satisfactorily?? All happy night riders, feel free to enlighten me.
Col.

john998

VOC Member
JG unit

Hello,
A JG unit has been residing under the battery platform on my outfit for several years with no ill effects.
A bonus is that it is almost invisible.
Regards John.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
I have a JG on my Comet that is molded in to a plastic Miller reg body, and is fitted the standard position. Works fine.
Ian

piggywig

Non-VOC Member
Instant answer.

Thanks John,
That instant reply suggesting under battery box location and with yours operating happily there will be enough to get the tools in action today! 'Be more fun doing that than working out in the hot sun as well.........I just knew the Forum would be a better and quicker source of info than the manufacturer or supplier, so thanks Graham as well.
Regards,Col.:)