• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Its easy to forget..

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
One of those trite management saying of the seventies was "when you are up to your arse in alligators its easy to forget your original intention was to drain the swamp". Well I have just broken that spell , I have had a real struggle to sort out my alphabet twin nothing too bad just a list of things to do and a garage full of projects and other tasks, but I got my BT-H mag checked out and concentrated on the engine items and today as the sun actually came out, I ran the old girl up on the foxley starter to get her juices moving, pop the plugs in, opened the taps and she started. How easy it is to forget the magic of a big twin, she raises her head on the Brampton's at every rev of the throttle like a racehorse waiting to leap away,I played with the throttle cables, stopped her, gave her a swing on the kick start and away she went again. Now I can see the start line, now I have the enthusiasm back to sort the other items, I may not get the paperwork for a run to Holt but it looks as if the Manx will be graced by her presence.
So for all you people with a Vincent sitting in the dark, the suns out, don't forget the joy of riding, "ride em don't hide em"

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.