Its all chinese to me

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a generic handlebar switch control from e-bay for my Egli it has h/l dip. L an R indicators and Horn what it doesn't have is a wiring diagram I could spend hours looking for the feed and other connections with my bell test but I guess its pretty standard colours if you are into Jap bikes
here is a view of the colours on the 6 way connector I guess the blue and white separate wires are head and dip I also assume that the indicator feed is fed to switch after the intermittent feed is established
Any one know whats what?
upload_2017-3-10_16-21-42.png
upload_2017-3-10_16-25-47.png

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
60% of males are c0lour blind, only 20% females, when the traffic lights turns blue I go ? I think all wires should be numbered ?

clevtrev

VOC Member
David, by DIN standards they are. 1 White 2 Brown 3 Green 4 Yellow 5 Grey 6 Pink 7 Blue 8 Red 9 Black 10 Purple.

Not to be confused with resistor colouring. Same colours but different numbers.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Looking at the pic'

Top row Orange and blue are indicator feeds (L&R)
Bottom row Green will be indicator relay in

Standard Jap wiring colours

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
You are in luck. I have installed the very same switch on the '53 Triumph bobber I'm building for my 8 year old. At least that's who I tell the wife it's for.
Blue - Head Light Hi Beam
Light Blue - Left Turn Signal
White - Head Light Low Beam
Orange - Right Turn Signal
Grey- Power to Turn Signals
Blue w/White Trace - Power to Switch for Head Light
Green - Horn
Light Green - Horn
The two greens are both for the horn. The horn button doesn't ground to the handle bars it completes the connection between the two greens.
Hope that helps

Steven

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrac

VOC Member
Thanks Steve that helps a lot I have just seen that white trace in the blue under the orange
you show two horns assuming Green is correct
That leaves the light green and the grey..any ideas?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Sorry about that
Grey is power to turn signals
The two greens are both for the horn. The horn button doesn't ground to the handle bars it completes the connection between the two greens.
Steven