Isle of Man 2021 TT

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well you may have read about it first in the MPH Nov racing section I believe there is more to it than Covid all part of the "Build it back better" nudge unit,Our economy is in freefall and we are building miles of push bike lanes, go figure

Old Bill

Non-VOC Member
l always thought health and safety regulations would bring an end to the islands road racing however the virus would appear to be the potential nail in the coffin. Today questions are being asked in the house ( of keys that is ) as many business that rely on the events are likely to collapse, however many of the population will not mourn the demise of bike racing which despite record attendances drive many "off island" for the duration. ln recent years the population has grown as the island became both a tax haven and financial services hub and many of the old hotel and guest houses have morphed into up market flats that attract incredible rental fees. This of course has reduced the available visitor accommodation considerably which brought about the home stay system which was/is manx government driven and regulated which bought some cheer to a jaded population however the old hotels etc are still in steady decline not helped by modern safety regulations. Add to this the requirement for a minimum of 500 marshalls for each session without which sessions have in the past been cancelled and it is a wonder that road racing has lasted this long. l write this as a former manx resident and marshall for over thirty years but the writing has been on the wall for a very long time.

vibrac

VOC Member
As I said in my column you have only to look at the IOM ferry brochure talking about the attractions on the Island, not a word about motorcycles, plenty about push bikes. The propaganda pandandrum moves on, Oh to watch an couple of hours of TV (including adverts) without the latest ,gov behavoral science nudge being pushed down our throats. Once 'they' find out I wouldent get my hopes up about racing in the isle of Wight either.

Old Bill

Non-VOC Member
lndeed tim, the other topic the authorities are pursuing is a maximum speed limit of 60mph, which has been proposed before and only narrowly defeated. Closer to home the proposed return of racing on the old eppynt circuit here in Wales fizzled out l believe due to health and safety issues amongst other things, shame as l reside very close to this historic circuit. Also due for the chop are the Ulster GP and several other of the Irish venues, still, we can always get bored senseless watching Moto GP. Yawn.....