Isle of Man 2013 May/June

Swissscott

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello gentlemen. I'm new to the forum so be gentle with me please. I own a 1950 Rapide and will be travelling from Switzerland to Isle of Man 2013 end May beginning of June. Just wondered if any of you chaps would e attending this year and if VOC has a tent or any special events where people could me each other and put a face to a name? Regards Scott and safe riding to all!!

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello gentlemen. I'm new to the forum so be gentle with me please. I own a 1950 Rapide and will be travelling from Switzerland to Isle of Man 2013 end May beginning of June. Just wondered if any of you chaps would e attending this year and if VOC has a tent or any special events where people could me each other and put a face to a name? Regards Scott and safe riding to all!!
I guess you would see more VOC members in September when they are passing through to Ancona for the Ferry to Greece as for the UK check out the local section nights on the way to Liverpool

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
I met Scott by accident in the Creek Pub in Peel - good bloke, new to the club and new to Vincent Ownership.

Recommend any members nearby him in Switzerland or over border in Germany say hi....I'm sure that Scott will appreciate the contact and be looking for newcomers advice on how to keep his sparkly new Vincent on the road.

TT was awesome - shame I could only stay for the Practise week. Great fun except for the impolite young man in the Ferrari over the mountain - but luckily he subsequently posted the video on Youtube and I understand the Police are now looking for him with a possible dangerous driving summons....there's always one!!!!

Regards

Stuart

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes any idiot can rent a Ferrari in the IOM
funny most havent even got a licence (or the skill) to ride a bantam

jim burgess

VOC Member
I met Scott by accident in the Creek Pub in Peel - good bloke, new to the club and new to Vincent Ownership.

Recommend any members nearby him in Switzerland or over border in Germany say hi....I'm sure that Scott will appreciate the contact and be looking for newcomers advice on how to keep his sparkly new Vincent on the road.

TT was awesome - shame I could only stay for the Practise week. Great fun except for the impolite young man in the Ferrari over the mountain - but luckily he subsequently posted the video on Youtube and I understand the Police are now looking for him with a possible dangerous driving summons....there's always one!!!!

Regards

Stuart
So what was the incident and what is the link for the u-tube? I'm just curiuos y'know
Jim Burgess

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Hi Jim,

The you-tube film has been taken down sadly.

Over the mountain, first night of "1 way traffic" and lots of us out to play on motorbikes - and lots being sensible.

Bloke in red Ferrari, then another in white 911 and one more I can't recall - crossing double white lines, pulling in too tight in front of folks and braking hard - exceedingly high speed in a straight line and then anchors on to stop and make a cup of tea when it came to going round a bend.

One or two sections over the moutain had traffic cones laid out to slow the traffic down and put it into one carriageway, one being the Bungalow. Came screaming past the outside too close to the coned section, pulled in too tight, right in front of a group of bikes and slapped the anchors on hard - causing all the bikes to grab a handful.

Driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving - take your pic. The folks on the IoM didnt seem happy about these blokes when chatting in shops and pubs - was quite a topic.

In my view, the bikes seemed to be quite polite to each other on my 8 or 9 laps - even though speed differential in some cases must have been close to 100mph, but the young chaps in the fast cars just didn't seem to comprehend or allow for the performance characteristics of motorbikes, nor follow the "rules" that the IoM Roads Department applied to the 1 way mountain section during TT week.

Cheers

Stuart

jim burgess

VOC Member
Thanks Stuart,
I have never attended the TT so I take it they close the road and allow bikes and cars to play together? Hmmm? Went for a job interview there in a past life, driving up over the mountain in may on a hot sunny day we encounterred all this white stuff, melting hailstones and two cars that had collided head on at some considerable speed. Police in attendance when we got there.
Jim Burgess