Isdt

Tony Cording

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just to prove I read section reviews, there is a comment in the Wylye Valley review this month regarding Richard Adams' I.S.D.T. Vincent. Is this the sidecar outfit, or was there another?

Tony Cording

ET43

Non-VOC Member
ISTD Vincents

Hi All,
As far as I can remember Richard Adams telling me, there was a team of three ISTD Vins built. Only one was an outfit. Richard has one that was featured in The Motorcycle in, I think, 1950 actually photographed in Dogliani which was on the course. He is taking the machine there to recreate the photo again.
Cheers,
ET43

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Isdt vincent

at my time at the works only one vincent rapide was made this was a side car outfit made for Harold Taylor it was built by Ted Hampshire Paul Richardson and a little help from me my job was to make the front forks wider to take a rear wheel? yes the outfit was made with four rear wheels all interchangable the fourth fitted to the rear of the chair I think this was the third set of giidraulics made so this would be about july 1948

ET43

Non-VOC Member
ISTD Vincents

Scratching around on Google, I've found reference to an S. Board on a twin at the Alassio check point. The ISTD was based at San Remo in 1948. The 1950 ISTD also had Vincent (s) entered, so it looks like the Richard Adams machine and the other anonymous one were private entries. Perhaps they had some assistance from the factory?
Cheers,
ET43