International Rally 2011

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Is anyone from Australia planning on shipping their machine to the West Coast of the U.S.A.to ride to Pennsylvania for the Rally.I had planned to have my bike shipped by a neighbour,but his business collapsed due to our highly valuable currency.I hope to have the bike arrive by the first week in September at either Los Angeles,Portland Oregon or Seattle and spend a leisurely two weeks or so puttering to Pennsylvania;hopefully to arrive by September 22nd.I have checked various Government websites and feel sure that obstacles to this harebrained scheme can be surmounted.Please contact me or post replies-as long as they are not too discouraging!Preferred option is bikes crated and palleted in a container,but I can unbolt my Comet if any friendly matelot has a large ocean trunk!

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
At the last VOC GCM meeting Arthur Farrow, who is co-ordinating the shipment of Vincent bikes from the UK, told us that getting the bikes into the USA was proving too difficult and the latest plan was to ship into Canada and ride them across the border into the USA. Someone who is going to the rally may have more info.

Is anyone from Australia planning on shipping their machine to the West Coast of the U.S.A.to ride to Pennsylvania for the Rally.I had planned to have my bike shipped by a neighbour,but his business collapsed due to our highly valuable currency.I hope to have the bike arrive by the first week in September at either Los Angeles,Portland Oregon or Seattle and spend a leisurely two weeks or so puttering to Pennsylvania;hopefully to arrive by September 22nd.I have checked various Government websites and feel sure that obstacles to this harebrained scheme can be surmounted.Please contact me or post replies-as long as they are not too discouraging!Preferred option is bikes crated and palleted in a container,but I can unbolt my Comet if any friendly matelot has a large ocean trunk!