• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Interesting New Helmet

TouringComet

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Administrator
VOC Forum Website Moderator
Wow, looks very interesting, thanks David. I'm in the market for a new helmet, I will definitely consider one of these.

vibrac

VOC Member
Might be Ok for racing and better than a push on but the advantages of a front entry (lift up) for evey day use far out weigh anything else I dont think I could have taken the latest heat without one especially with the flip down sun screen (Mines a caberg)

davidd

VOC Member
Tim,

It is a good point. I wonder if the wind noise is any less on the new helmet. Based on the video, it is more difficult to hear anything the wearer is saying.

I always use a Snell certified helmet that is as cheap as possible, which is usually around $100. Depending on the organization, you have to replace them a minimum of every 5 years and if you get off, you have to toss the helmet. If you are buying $500 helmets that can run into some serious money. The best reason to pay lots of money for a helmet is if you have a fit or comfort issue. Helmet removal after a crash is always a big issue and assuming the responders have the training, the new helmet is a big plus.

David

TouringComet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Administrator
VOC Forum Website Moderator
I didn't see a price on the manufacturer's website, but I found a mention in a motorcycle trade website that says they will have 3 price points, $300, $500, and $800, and they should be available late this year or early next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.