Interesting New Helmet

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Wow, looks very interesting, thanks David. I'm in the market for a new helmet, I will definitely consider one of these.

vibrac

VOC Member
Might be Ok for racing and better than a push on but the advantages of a front entry (lift up) for evey day use far out weigh anything else I dont think I could have taken the latest heat without one especially with the flip down sun screen (Mines a caberg)

davidd

VOC Member
Tim,

It is a good point. I wonder if the wind noise is any less on the new helmet. Based on the video, it is more difficult to hear anything the wearer is saying.

I always use a Snell certified helmet that is as cheap as possible, which is usually around $100. Depending on the organization, you have to replace them a minimum of every 5 years and if you get off, you have to toss the helmet. If you are buying $500 helmets that can run into some serious money. The best reason to pay lots of money for a helmet is if you have a fit or comfort issue. Helmet removal after a crash is always a big issue and assuming the responders have the training, the new helmet is a big plus.

David

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I didn't see a price on the manufacturer's website, but I found a mention in a motorcycle trade website that says they will have 3 price points, $300, $500, and $800, and they should be available late this year or early next year.