Insurance

phsDommie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello all,
I am the proud new owner of a 1951 Rapide and, of course, wish to insure it. I wonder if I could ask which is the best insurance company that would provide coverage for such a vehicle. If it matters, I live in the central U.S.A.
Thanks for your advice,
Paul.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
It's USA based but do things world wide
Hagerty International Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 05454447 and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number 441417.
Registered office: The Arch Barn, Pury Hill Farm, Alderton, Towcester, Northants, NN12 7TB.
hagertyinsurance.co.uk | 0333 323 1181

John French

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I use Hagerty here in the US for all my older machines. Reasonable pricing and although I have not had to file a claim I know someone who has and he has gotten excellent service. I believe coverage for my '51 Rapide is about $200 per year.

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've used Condon & Skelly for my old motorcycles for at least 20 years:

http://www.condonskelly.com/

However, I've never filed a claim so all I know is they have been 100% reliable in cashing my check every year. Because of this, I hope you do the work I haven't done myself anytime recently and thoroughly research all options. Please let us know what you find out.

phsDommie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you all so far for your kind replies. I have looked at several and received quotes from a couple. Will let you know what I settle on and why.
Regards,
Paul

T. G . Brenner

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Paul, I had the misfortune of being run over by a semi while riding my red Rapide. The accident was in June of this year. Hagerty Insurance has treated me like gold. They have left all repairs to my discretion. Hagerty is a specialty agreed value company. There is no mileage limitation. They don't get many claims for antique vehicles and their reputation and business hangs on paying legitimate claims. You never know how good your insurance is until you have a claim. It's not good to have a claim but when you do you expect no haste payment. Hagerty has treated me in excess of all expectations. Sorry for seeing this thread so late.
Tad, Quincy, Illinois

phsDommie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Never mind seeing this late, just thank goodness you're alive to tell the tale. I hope you're not hurt. However, hearing that Hagerty has treated you so well is very encouraging. I hope you are able to resurrect your Rapide.
Kindest regards,
Paul.