• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Insurance

John Cone

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Anybody out there who only insures a Black Prince? I received my renewal today from Peter James £385 is there any cheaper? perhaps i should drop my value.

peter holmes

VOC Member
Whenever I have increased the insured value of my Vincent Rapide the premium has gone up proportionally, I suppose the question you need to ask yourself is whether you would be happy to receive the reduced pay out for your Black Prince in the event of a loss.

Sakura

VOC Member
On recommendation from the forum I changed to Hagerty and reduced my premium from about £340 to just over £200 for exactly the same cover. Give them a try.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Yes, but there is a glitch with Hagerty; as a friend of mine found out yesterday. After a competitive quote was given for insuring his Rapide, the short version of the conversation went something like this: (H=Hagerty, F= Friend).
Great, I'll take it.
H: OK, what other vehicles do you have?
F: None.
H: What no car or other motorcycle?
F: That's right.
H: We can't insure you then.
F: Why not?
H: Because we assume the Rapide will be for "occasional use" only.
F: It is; I occasionally ride it to Vincent events and occasionally to the shops. Anyway, I read all your online small print and nowhere does it mention this.
H: (..long silence and keyboard clatter..) - It will say it in the documentation we send to you after you have paid and signed-up for insurance.
F: But you won't sell it to me!
H: That's right.
CRASH! (My friend slamming phone down!).

Don't you just love to hate Insurance Companies (along with politicians, lawyers, journalists, ...add your own...). :mad::rolleyes:

Peter B

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Forum Threads