Insurance Quotations

Damien McGouran

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hegarty's £191.## (didn't listen to the odds) for the Rapide, with adding the Hurricane it brought the whole lot up to £282.## (still didn't listen to the odds LOL).

That's a real result!

Thank you to all (including Andy who phoned me), for your for advice and the various options

D

TritonMike

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
One other consideration that ERS syndicate mgt offer. I have three bikes from the 1950s-one is a Comet. Occasionally I want someone other than me to ride. ERS insure me and 2 others for all 3 bikes- around £150.

brian gains

VOC Member
Went with Hegarty's alone, you can actually speak to someone reasonably quickly, they seem to know what the are talking about unlike the spotty faced 'the computer says no', 'that model isn't listed' box tickers with other brokers.
Good cover, agreed price, breakdown etc.
Now all I need to do is ride the machines to get my monies worth.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Only any good if you also drive a car.
At least that's what Hagerty said was necessary a couple of years back.
Cheers,
Del;boy.
I'm with Hegarty and they do insist on a modern vehicle but they were happy that my 1996 BMW R100R qualified.

vibrac

VOC Member
Sorry to be pedantic but are Hegarty and Hagerty two different firms?
I am with Hagerty

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Carol Nash for four of my bikes in a package value ,60k 429 pounds
Rapide Footman James agreed value 60k 295.00 with some add ons.

THIS IS NOW VERY IMPORTANT.
Given the value of your Vincent and cost to repair replace.
I recommend take the add on for post accident ownership.
In particular this is to do with if you have an accident bike is damaged, as soon as you claim/report incident to your insurance company they in affect legally own your bike, bye bye Mr Vincent.

If you take out a seperate add on of about 49 quid I think it was, even if badly damaged you still own the cycle.
Given replacement parts costs this is a must.
Or you local recovery guy will make himself a fortune,I have been hearing a bit about this at the moment recovery and breakers guys are appearing with some very rare valuable machines bought from insurance companies.

Had some dealings recently, as my other half crashed one of my bikes in Scotland last September on a Ladies only tour.

Insurance company did not recover her or the bike after many hours and calls eventually thank goodness they recovered the bike!
But left herself stranded in the Highlands many mile from civilisation, very difficult time, they then lost the bike and sent me a cheque under valuing the bike by 50% three months later,they don't answer phones apparently post covid business still has an excuse to be crap at what they do.
A nightmare their independent engineer was not able to find the bike to value it, dvla say it is written off but no one can find it.
So do not use, Bennets,Bikesure, brokers, Adrian Flux insurance, a crowd of incompetents who leave a woman after an accident at the side off the road in the highlands then apologise blame it on a computer several months later.
And loss the recovered bike.
Recommending insurance companies is a bit like recommending an estate agent........

Al

Al

Bob

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Damien
Just now, after seeing your post, had a quote on Confused for my 1952 Rapide.
Cheapest was £86.16 from WickedQuotes!
See, it can be done but that is third party only, only rider and less than 2000 pa.
Cheers
Bob