Insult to British Motorcycling

Bracker1

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Whilst reading a news periodical, I noticed a story about the upcoming Royal Wedding.

Why are the Police motorcycles to be used for the Royal Wedding BMW's. Doesn't Triumph or Britain make bikes anymore? It is a free empire, but the fact they won't use a british product shows to everyone around the world there is no confidence in their product. Before the big event,maybe some PR person will figure it out and garage the teutonic wonders. Better yet, a group of Vincent Princes would save the day. Good luck with the 30 million dollar wedding. It's a perfect place to spend all the excess cash that isn't there. Dan

daevideo

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would reckon any insult to either the British Motor Cycle industry or Motorcycling occurred nearly 40 years ago. The reality is the Police ride Beemers and anything else in a few weeks time would be a waste of time and money.

vhman349

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
True, I am afraid that some models of Triumph are no longer made in Britain -http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/2008/August/Triumph-moving-to-Thailand--cheaper-for-who/

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Friday April 29th 2011 - a date for your diary. Its the Severn rally, and with a wedding going on at the same time the roads should be quiet. So get you Vin's out!!!!