Inspection cap ET24

Piggy

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have an inspection cap ET24 with "The Vincent HRD" cast into the top. When I owned a Comet the caps were all smooth on top so this one's a bit different. Anyone know the history of this? Anyone want to make me an offer for it? Someone must have one missing!!!
See attached photo.

Attachments

• P9290002.jpg
    P9290002.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 43

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have an inspection cap ET24 with "The Vincent HRD" cast into the top. When I owned a Comet the caps were all smooth on top so this one's a bit different. Anyone know the history of this? Anyone want to make me an offer for it? Someone must have one missing!!!
See attached photo.
Hmmm. I have an assortment of caps (both VINCENT & VINCENT HRD) and some are mirror finish while others are certainly not. I know that there have been castings made in Australia, which vary from 10/10 to "Can do better" but this one is a mystery as it appear a nice casting but very porous. It may not be porous of course so the £15 sounds fair.

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
See attached photo.

There's nothing unusual about this, it's the first type.(Series B) Plain ones came about when the Factory was advised by their American agents to drop the HRD initials to eliminate any confusion with H-D so the markings were simply polished off rather than scrap them. Same applied to Timing Covers and some crankcases. Thereafter components simply bore the "Vincent" logo.