Inside a UFM

daevideo

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have recently found a UFM which either had its cover to make it an oiltank removed or it never was fully fledged as an oil tank. It looks to me as a bit of a mystery. I would be happy to send anyone or later post photo's to shed light on the matter. What tickled me is that there are gusset plates welded along the wheel axis to resist any twisting or torsion long the same. Could this have been used as the frame member on a D series bike. I wonder. Whatever the reason I am still constantly in awe of Phil Irving.

I was looking up a UFM drawing by the late Phil Primmer but it seems to have gone missing from the site. I would like to see any drawings or schematic of a UFM.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Try this link to the Downloads area on this forum. Phil's UFM drawing is in the Public Access area of the Downloads.

nkt267

VOC Member
I clicked on the underscore and went straight to the download page, clicked to download .et voila!..John

daevideo

VOC Member
I have let my VOC membership lapse - so this could be the reason why I'm still getting Invalid File ID.

daevideo

VOC Member
Somebody once loved it. I think it was used as a structural member only.
DSCF1643.jpg