Info and help...

pikerhrd

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I've recently joined the owners club...I've got a Vincent Rapide Series B 1948...Well...it belongs to a family friend...it's been stored in my Mums shed for 16 years..it's in bits...The Owner...an older family friend, is happy for me to put it back together...I forgot to mention...it's in pieces...big pieces...but nonetheless in pieces...I'd love to put it back together...start it up and ride it...Unfortunately it's missing the two Amal carbs...I've enquired and Vincent spares co have got a couple for £250.00 each...I need to mention money is a problem....Any ideas...?
Pikerhrd

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Lots of Vin motors are running happily on Amal Mk 1 concentrics, they are around £110 each from Burlen Fuels (you'll find them on the internet). There is a copy by Wassells which is cheaper but I don't have first hand experience. Be careful if you buy Concentrics second hand, longevity isn't their strongest point.

H

vibrac

VOC Member
Or monoblocks like series D dont forget to uprate them for the joke stuff they call petrol nowadays

pikerhrd

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks to everyone who's replied...I'm obviously going to need a 'workshop manual...to guide me along my way...also I'd like to know more about the bike's history...Help again...?

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
On the bikes I built for riding I would never use a leaky stock carb. I mean why spend all this money and do all this work just to burn it up. I have worked with stock carbs to make them leak less... but I was never very
happy with the results. And, honestly, if one doesn't use a real air filter like a K&N there is something wrong with your brain.

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
The new Burlin version of the Concentric Mk 1 is hugely improved with much better body metal . Very reasonable in cost . Coventry Spares sells them at a nice price . Be sure to ck the float height tho , often wrong . Sid .

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Would Stumpy quote his Mukini settings , set up for us please . And experiance with running characteristics . Sid .

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Yes indeed Sid.... the Mk1 concentric was a fine carb for the Vin.... and now that they are being made of better material they are so much the better!