Info and help...

Big Sid

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Want to start a new topic on clutch suggestions , both original and multiplate versions . How to start it off , open a new topic ?
Sid .

b'knighted

VOC Member
Go to " Forums" - second tab above. select " Go to the forums" from the drop down.
Decide which of the forums listed to start in and click on it.
The start new thread button should be high on the left.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
I've recently joined the owners club...I've got a Vincent Rapide Series B 1948...Well...it belongs to a family friend...it's been stored in my Mums shed for 16 years..it's in bits...The Owner...an older family friend, is happy for me to put it back together...I forgot to mention...it's in pieces...big pieces...but nonetheless in pieces...I'd love to put it back together...start it up and ride it...Unfortunately it's missing the two Amal carbs...I've enquired and Vincent spares co have got a couple for £250.00 each...I need to mention money is a problem....Any ideas...?
Pikerhrd

Have a chat to Steve at Motocarb (U.K.) He is most helpful with Mikuni's and advice. Don't go above 30 mm. in my opinion.

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
New production. Amal Concentric Mk1 s , much improved , cost about $ 140.00 each . Coventry Spares has them . Sid .

Robert Watson

VOC Member
The standard fitment around these parts for Mikuni's is VM34. Probably 10 plus bikes running them. I run 34 flat slides on one bike, but they were a bitch to jet. Just about to put the VM 34's on a C Rapide with 8.0:1 and Mk2 cams.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
On my Rapide wit the flat slides the heads are ported a bit to 33 mm so there is just a small step at the transition. I made new manifolds that are 34 mm and stub adaptors to the carbs.

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Sid here . Not sure I ever mentioned this method of easing in very tight fits like assembling flywheel assemblies , pressing steel into steel . Go to your Druggest and obtain a small amount of Anhydrous Lanolyn . This is a grease form of oil from sheep fur . It has a. Miraculous film strength , a very LIGHT smear on tight fitting surfaces allows amazingly easy pressing home . Do stone off the entering sharp edge first of course . We used it to press Gunga Dins single diameter stepless crankpin home . No nuts , no recess . This at 5 thou interferance fit . Would have been hugely difficult without that trick .
Discovered this method back in the fifties reading an early BMW manual which called for a smear of BEAR grease to assemble crank shafts . Then learned the Navy used Lanolyn for such heavy fits aboard ship .

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Just been studying a large blow up of Rollie Free kneeling alongside the right side of the factory Lightning built especially for him , used to battle Joe Simpson on his earlier Lightning . Free finally reached 163 plus ending the competition between them , Simpson going supercharged at that point . Do any of you have this photo ? Anyone have the left side view ? Never saw that side , always wanted to see it . Sid . .