Importing from Canada to USA

embo121

Forum User
VOC Member
New owner of a Vincent, trying to import the bike from Yukon/Canada to California. Any recommendations / shippers. Bike is running with current registration. Any help greatly appreciated!

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Ride it, Just bought a Vincent in Darwin 3,000 km just bought a Kia K2700 diesel truck to carry it home, how far is bike got to go ?

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Carl,

Try linden transport in Whitehorse they are part of the Alaska marine line group.

Nice family runs the business, the office manager is named Angelique Bjork. I worked for them part time when I was flying out of Whitehorse.

Eugene.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
A few years ago I shipped a Bike from Whitehorse to Vancouver. It cost $300. If you wanted to get it to a southern point in Canada you could ship it here, and then come and get it. Not sure where San Bruno is so not sure if that is possible. It's a 2 day drive to the Bay area. And although we have had a very mild winter, I have been snowed in in Nor Cal at the end of March before!

Lynden Transport might be a good option, especially if they will handle the paperwork! Not sure if they do truck transport from Whitehorse tho'

mercurycrest

VOC Member
You could always put it on the Ferry in Skagway... 112 miles from Whitehorse and ride it home from Bellingham, or rent a U-Haul! I know that bike and my preferance would be riding it down the Washington, Oregon Coast.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
You could always put it on the Ferry in Skagway... 112 miles from Whitehorse and ride it home from Bellingham, or rent a U-Haul! I know that bike and my preferance would be riding it down the Washington, Oregon Coast.

Again Lynden transport are back forth from Whitehorse to Skagway at least two to three times a day. Lynden owns Alaska marine lines.