Important Update On Stolen Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Two Vincent Black Shadow motorcycles were stolen from Irene James from Whitebridge NSW (Australia) and their location is unknown at this stage. The matter has been reported to the Police on 23/3/2016 and the NSW Police event number is E60733503. The bikes were taken between 20 February 2016 and 20 March 2016. Photos at foot of this message.

The authorities now have confirmed information from a solicitor (lawyer) that there are Vincent enthusiasts who do have knowledge about the location of both of the bikes but so far they have been reluctant to come forward or identify the parties involved in the theft . The New South Wales Police and the Supreme Court of New South Wales have also been informed by Affidavit that unknown parties paid A$120,000 cash to a Ms Trudy Douglas to obtain BOTH the bikes from Ms Trudy Douglas who had illegally taken them from storage.

It is also stated in Ms Douglas' Affidavit that there were not any names given, no documentation provided, no invoice, receipt or proof of ownership or even some providence when the motorcycles were taken from her. Therefore, if the Affidavits are true and correct, the purchasers were fully aware they were taking possession of stolen motorcycles from Trudy Douglas and that they are in receipt of stolen goods.

It is the sole desire of Irene to just have the motorcycles returned to her and she is willing to offer a $20,000 reward for information that leads to their return.

Details of the Stolen Bikes:

1. Vincent Black Shadow 1950 C Series.​
F10AB/1B/5409​
UFM RC7309B​
RFM RC1/10171/C​
2. Vincent Black Shadow 1955 D Series​
F10AB/2B/10851​
RD127518​
These motorcycles were in fully restored condition with the majority of work being completed by Terry Prince over several years and are well known to him.

Irene may be contacted by email or phone at: ikeyrose30@gmail.com or 0408203302 (international +61 4082 03302) or her son David James on 0408508608 or her Lawyer Richard Allsop on (02) 82240900 (international +61 2 8224 0900).

Alternatively, any parties with information that they may wish to keep anonymous can contact Terry Prince or other well-respected members of the Australian Vincent community who can in turn make contact with her or her lawyer.

1520311499568.png

1520311535299.png

Garth Robinson

VOC Member
Two Vincent Black Shadow motorcycles were stolen from Irene James from Whitebridge NSW (Australia) and their location is unknown at this stage. The matter has been reported to the Police on 23/3/2016 and the NSW Police event number is E60733503. The bikes were taken between 20 February 2016 and 20 March 2016. Photos at foot of this message.

The authorities now have confirmed information from a solicitor (lawyer) that there are Vincent enthusiasts who do have knowledge about the location of both of the bikes but so far they have been reluctant to come forward or identify the parties involved in the theft . The New South Wales Police and the Supreme Court of New South Wales have also been informed by Affidavit that unknown parties paid A$120,000 cash to a Ms Trudy Douglas to obtain BOTH the bikes from Ms Trudy Douglas who had illegally taken them from storage.

It is also stated in Ms Douglas' Affidavit that there were not any names given, no documentation provided, no invoice, receipt or proof of ownership or even some providence when the motorcycles were taken from her. Therefore, if the Affidavits are true and correct, the purchasers were fully aware they were taking possession of stolen motorcycles from Trudy Douglas and that they are in receipt of stolen goods.

It is the sole desire of Irene to just have the motorcycles returned to her and she is willing to offer a $20,000 reward for information that leads to their return.

Details of the Stolen Bikes:

1. Vincent Black Shadow 1950 C Series.​
F10AB/1B/5409​
UFM RC7309B​
RFM RC1/10171/C​
2. Vincent Black Shadow 1955 D Series​
F10AB/2B/10851​
RD127518​
These motorcycles were in fully restored condition with the majority of work being completed by Terry Prince over several years and are well known to him.

Irene may be contacted by email or phone at: ikeyrose30@gmail.com or 0408203302 (international +61 4082 03302) or her son David James on 0408508608 or her Lawyer Richard Allsop on (02) 82240900 (international +61 2 8224 0900).

Alternatively, any parties with information that they may wish to keep anonymous can contact Terry Prince or other well-respected members of the Australian Vincent community who can in turn make contact with her or her lawyer.

View attachment 20515

View attachment 20516
A bullet is too good for these grubs,also the Vincent "enthusiasts" who are reluctant to dob in the thieves.I certainly hope none of them are VOC members.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
A bullet is too good for these grubs,also the Vincent "enthusiasts" who are reluctant to dob in the thieves.I certainly hope none of them are VOC members.
In these days of environmental concern and efforts to be "green" in everything we do, might I suggest a stout rope? It is not only multi-purpose but infinitely reusable. Undoubtedly some would complain if a new rope were to be used, but they would only complain once. So perhaps a thoroughly inspected and certified used rope would be best to quell arguments that to much energy and resource were used in the manufacture of a new rope. Which would then also be in keeping with the vintage feel of stealing vintage motorcycles.
After all we used to hang horse thieves.
Steven

Phil H

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
. A lovely pair of machines.
. A couple of simple Google searches suggest, however, that this was anything but a simple theft. Seemingly involved are Big Money, A Failed Entrepreneur, Caveats, Multi-million Dollar Tax Bills, A Palatial Property, The Entrepreneur's Mother (and also His Wife). Complex indeed. I see that two years have elapsed since Martyn's post, and four years since the Vincents were wheeled out of the garage. The incident seems to have caused no further internet presence, so perhaps it has been quietly resolved.
. Unlike the case of Alan Burt's racing Matchless and AJS motorcycles, where the culprits were supposed to be known, but the case could not be proven. He never saw them again.

vibrac

VOC Member
. A lovely pair of machines.
. A couple of simple Google searches suggest, however, that this was anything but a simple theft. Seemingly involved are Big Money, A Failed Entrepreneur, Caveats, Multi-million Dollar Tax Bills, A Palatial Property, The Entrepreneur's Mother (and also His Wife). Complex indeed. I see that two years have elapsed since Martyn's post, and four years since the Vincents were wheeled out of the garage. The incident seems to have caused no further internet presence, so perhaps it has been quietly resolved.
. Unlike the case of Alan Burt's racing Matchless and AJS motorcycles, where the culprits were supposed to be known, but the case could not be proven. He never saw them again.
I am lost about what's happened about ten words in?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I wonder if that is what is putting me off finishing the 560,
As it is, It's a box of bits , That could easy go missing !!,
The Wife is always talking the "D" word !, And wants half the value of the Bikes, Even though I had them in 1965, Long before I knew Her.
I have a PIT in the Garage, Just Her Size :) .

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Bill, In my naivety I took a similar view when seeking legal advice with regard to divorce, this was way back in 1989 when I would guess my Vincent was worth maybe £20k, the value is not that important, I pointed out to my solicitor/advisor that I had purchased my Vincent for £65.00 (in 1965) and then met my wife a year later in 1966, ironically my Vincent suffered a catastrophic breakdown whilst on holiday in Cornwall in 1966, and it was solely because I broke down that I met my first wife, but that is a long story involving Marcus Bowden. I was reminded by my solicitor of my marriage vows which I had somehow forgotten during the ensuing years, but they apparently went something like this "with all my worldly goods to thee I endow". You will have to come to a financial agreement if you divorce, good luck, Peter. PS get yourself a good solicitor, I still have my Bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.