Imperial/ Inch Tool Sets, Spanners, Wrenches,...

van drenth

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
British Vincent guys,

I am from Austria. We have only metric tools in Austria. For my future Vincent Comet I need a set of FIRST QUALITY tools / spanners, wrenches only in imperial/ inch system.

Does somebody know a good supplier in GB, Europe ?

What is your experience ?

Is a high quality set available on the market that covers almost all nuts and bolts and screws and sizes of the Comet ? Only highest quality - because I don't want to damage the nuts and bolts....of my future Comet.

Please advise (advice) - Thanks.

:)-- Helmut
You can find all you need in the Gedore tool cataloque, resonable priced and good quality. In holland we get up to45% discount on the price.
van drenth JC

overthehill

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Lots to choose from but its worth spending that little more on good 6 point sockets - 12 point (bi-hex) sockets on old worn nuts just make your knuckles bleed ! :)

Snap-on are expensive but lovely to work with and guaranteed for life - i have returned 20 year old tools to snap-on and they replace them without question.

Last edited:

greg burt

Non-VOC Member
sockets

Check out the Koken 3/8 Drive sockets on the (Web site Macvette) offers.
I've been using the short wall sockets for years - Made in Japan and will fit in your tool tray on the rail - Add a small 3/8 Drive ratchet and Extension Bar and a plug Socket. These Sockets are very Good quality.
Greg:)

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Hi - it is 13/16ths Snap On - I got it off ebay.com from the States

Hi,

Bruce is right - I can't recall where I got the advice, but I tracked down a 13/16th crows foot from Snap On via ebay.com in the USA and bought it and had it shipped - great value for money.

It worked perfectly on the new stainless steel headnuts to torque down without removing the tank.

If you ever need to borrow it - no problem, just let me know.

Regards

Stuart Metcalfe

Purely in the interest of accuracy, I believe that the nominal AF of the headnuts is 0.820", whereas 13/16" is 0.812. A 13/16" AF spanner will probably work, given the sloppy fit of most spanners, and the fact that most headnuts have lost a few thou due to polishing.
I just tried a 13/16" AF spanner on some (unpolished, original) headnuts, and the spanner fitted some pairs of flats and not others. Manufacturing tolerances will also play a part, of course.
Definitely worth trying.

greg burt

Non-VOC Member
sockets

Bruce
Macvette has the thread at the start of page two.
He is showing a Web site. www.baconsdozen.co.uk.
You will find Koken sockets - the days of handling 1/2 inch Drive gear are over, Except of course on Heavy Equipment.
Greg:)

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Hi,
Macvette is a combination of part of my surname and my Corvette (see avatar). I'm just a member of the VOC not a tool dealer:). Other than buying tools from the site I posted, I have no connection with them. I found them very helpful.

Mac