• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

I thought Vincents were expensive

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Well first models are expensive and 'sand cast' 4,s are rarer than Vincents (under 1000 made?) adjusted for inflation they were $9000 dollars new ($1459) so thats times 13 (a 1946 Vincent if you could find one) cost adjusted for inflation £9500 (£265) now who knows say £80000 for an original one of the first early twins? thats times 8 ish and guess what? worth around $135000!

Albervin

VOC Member
It sound like this is unique. An over used term that literally means the only one! There may be two but the other one is not for sale. This bike was a game changer, a final blow to UK motorcycles.

vibrac

VOC Member
well there is a wreck sand cast on UK evil bay for 5K
I dont think its for me -apart from the spares prices I would have to find my Metric spanners

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
we now have less than an hour to go, 135,500.00 and 98 bids. Do these guys have rocks in their heads? or is money (the great dollar) really worth so little.

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.