I need a drawing of ET84, exhaust nut

johnmead

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does someone know where I can get a drawing of the ET84 exhaust nut. I am going to have a couple of modified ones made that will be screwed into each exhaust port, without the pipes, then use 1 3/4 individual pipes slipped over the modified ET84. Pipes will be held against the modified ET84 with springs.

I will even take a dwg or other cad file as it will make it easier for me to draw up the modified one for the machinist.

Thank you.

John Mead

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I have a recollection of a PEI sketch with dimensions of something like that. I looked in KTB, Motorcycle Engineering and Tuning for Speed, but didn't see it. Maybe someone else has a better memory.

Howard

VOC Member
I have a recollection of a PEI sketch with dimensions of something like that. I looked in KTB, Motorcycle Engineering and Tuning for Speed, but didn't see it. Maybe someone else has a better memory.

Sign of age Bruce. I actually made one for my racer, I can see the drawing in my mind, but I haven't a clue where it is (lost drawing and mind :) ). I'd have thought it was one of the books you mention.

It's not rocket science, its a tube with a flange in the middle. One end threaded to suit exhaust port, other end to suit inside of exhaust pipe. The plain end has a hole through it for a tommy bar.

I think it's shown as an adapter for worn exhaust port threads.

H

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
this might help a little bit.............
exhaustadaptor.jpg

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Does someone know where I can get a drawing of the ET84 exhaust nut. I am going to have a couple of modified ones made that will be screwed into each exhaust port, without the pipes, then use 1 3/4 individual pipes slipped over the modified ET84. Pipes will be held against the modified ET84 with springs.

I will even take a dwg or other cad file as it will make it easier for me to draw up the modified one for the machinist.

John,
Is something like this what you're on about?002.jpg

johnmead

Non-VOC Member

John,
Is something like this what you're on about?View attachment 1340

Yes, but with a flange around the smooth section to hold the ends of two or three springs. What is the OD of the smooth section?