Hydraulic workbench

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Great pics graham.I did wonder how the lift would work with a Vincent.Maybe i'll bid on the one on Ebay as well..

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
Using an Eazyrizer

The best thing I have ever bought for a Vincent was a Dave Hills' centre stand, the next best thing was an Easyrizer. It’s compact, light, stable, strong and with a choice of fittings to cover most lifting situations. After placing the lift under a Vincent, the bike can be secured and taken to full height in about a minute using a spanner. I know it says in the leaflet raise with an electric drill, but it’s not worth getting it out of the cupboard for such a small task. The one I’ve had for a couple of years has a bike rebuild on it – just mount the engine lump on the lift then everything else can be bolted on. Last week I bought another to use for maintenance tasks in the garage. I did have a full size hydraulic bench, OK for working on the motor but cycle parts are more difficult. Unless you have a massive workshop they also take up too much room – the Eazyrizer can be hung high on the wall when not in use.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
I'm not familiar with how the eazyrizer works, I have more than one bike (different makes) and want something that can easily lift them up to comfortable working height to do cleaning/maintenance. Would the eazyrizer suite that, be able to lift a Harley and then Vincent with no adapting. How does it work, the pictures suggest you need to bolt something to the engine, whereas with a ramp you simply wheel it on, lock in into position and then up you go.

Anyone any advice? I think the ramp would be best for me?

Stuart

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Hi Stuart
Go for the best scissor lift type that you can afford.
You will find that the scissor lift takes up less room and if you wish you could possibly dig the floor out of the garage and put the lift level with the floor, Or build the floor up around the lift so that you do not have to run the bike up a ramp. Although you will have to make some type of remote control to lift the lift up and lower it. The heavy duty Sealey type may be of interest.
I am in the process of doing this as i found that I had to walk the Vin up the ramp with the engine running and run the risk of loosing it IE run of the end. This did happen once with no damage luckily
I still cant understand how the H can live with the Vincent and the Duke
best wishes Stuart for Christmas and the new Year,
how the Duke?

safe riding
regards Peter

raygray

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
workbench

Has anyone seen or bought a Triang hydraulic workbench . I have seen on e-bay buy it now price £149 inclusive . 800 lbs lift .

nkt267

VOC Member
You need to watch out for the overall length of the bed on these benches.If you look at a lot of the ads they will state that the bench is only suitable for bikes with centre stands.This TRI-ANG bench looks like one of these.

R

Rap998

Triang hydraulic lift

Has anyone seen or bought a Triang hydraulic workbench . I have seen on e-bay buy it now price £149 inclusive . 800 lbs lift .

That one looks like a chinese copy of a sealey MC365. I wouldn't put a vinney on that one not unless you have a dave hills centre stand. It lookes ropey to say the least.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Would that be Triang as in "kiddie's tricycle"? They're pretty robust: carried my four-year old daughter for several months until she trashed it.

That one looks like a chinese copy of a sealey MC365. I wouldn't put a vinney on that one not unless you have a dave hills centre stand. It lookes ropey to say the least.

R

Rap998

Phone number for Pro-Parts.

I've had a couple of PM's requesting the phone number for Pro-Parts

01733 575800 - Ian

I paid £380 for my MC401 (February 2007).
The Vinney sit's on it fine and I just had the VFR800 on it during the week.