Hydraulic workbench

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If you want the best and have the budget go for the Italian Corghi professional bike lift. You would need an air supply though as it's air/hydraulic operated. Superb quality and ease of operation , but , expensive !! Or , much less expensive but almost as good , the Handy Lift from the USA , look here http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/subdepartment_view.asp?D=1&S=21 , very , very good and at a good price ! They have a UK dealer. Alternatively , if we could arrange a group buy it might be possible to get a bulk shipment rate with a good shipping deal ?!

Last edited:

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Hi Peter, thanks for the note - see my other thread posting - still looking?

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply, been off on hols. so sorry for delay.

All well this end thanks - Duke running brilliant, failed first MOT as the Arrow End Cans have "not for road use" markings on them - luckily I had picked up a pair on ebay which are new originals - slipped them on and away we go. Actually the bike runs smoother now - I suspect that it was not re-chipped when the arrows were fitted and so is running the original engine map. Vincent running fine too, booking up for Mallory again.

Do you know of "LandL" imports and the motorycycle ramps they import? I've seen them at Stafford and they looked good to me?

Cheers

Stuart

PS I have thought more that once about selling the Softail and buying a Comet to go with the Rapide!!

See you at Mallory again(?) if not before.

Cheers

Stuart
Hi Stuart
Go for the best scissor lift type that you can afford.
You will find that the scissor lift takes up less room and if you wish you could possibly dig the floor out of the garage and put the lift level with the floor, Or build the floor up around the lift so that you do not have to run the bike up a ramp. Although you will have to make some type of remote control to lift the lift up and lower it. The heavy duty Sealey type may be of interest.
I am in the process of doing this as i found that I had to walk the Vin up the ramp with the engine running and run the risk of loosing it IE run of the end. This did happen once with no damage luckily
I still cant understand how the H can live with the Vincent and the Duke
best wishes Stuart for Christmas and the new Year,
how the Duke?

safe riding
regards Peter

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Hi Stuart
Just sent you a note on your other thread not knowing that you have replied to this one.
If you decide to go for a scissor lift, you may think it worthwhile to put the lift in the floor level with the floor of the garage?
As to Mallory I am thinking about it as at present I will have to save up for it
the only other problem is that the 12th July is a major birthday, official retirement so I do not know if may family have anything planned.
I should be at the pie and pint if I have done the bits that I want to do to the Vin.
So look forward to meeting you again.
best regards Peter.