Hydraulic steerring damper

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It worked. I must now look for innocent words with, buried in their hearts, words that American software providers are terrified to print. You can understand their terror: when Janet Jackson accidentally displayed a **** (and now you don't know whether "Vin-nanny" is protecting you, or if I'm taking the piss) civilisation nearly ended.........
You`re allowed to piss on here then ?

timetraveller

VOC Member
I had the same problem a few months ago when I wanted to refer to the rotary engine named a W-a-nkel. Nany site or what? Still, all in all, I think that Graham is doing a fantastic job with this. :)

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Nanny knows best

I think the reason nanny (and presumably she's bundled with the software) allows "piss" on here is in consideration of the age of the members......
In fact, it's Americans. When I joined the oilfield I was amazed to find that in an industry with a considerably more vivid use of language than I was accustomed to, female connections were referred to as "box" connections, with the male called "pin". Presumably we were not thought able to face the unvarnished truth, or were to be trusted not to stray towards impure thoughts.
Of course the question we need to be asking is whether or not we'd be happy for our wives or servants to know about S****horpe? I think I'll start a sub-group dedicated to "Clean up VOC" using the handle Mary Whiteshadow......