Hydraulic drum brakes

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Think again, and wonder why the plate is moving nowhere near where the load should be applied. Now does that give you a clue ?

peterg

Non-VOC Member
Howdy Clevtrev,

Well actually it already has, years ago that it is.

I once stared at some Vin brake parts at a swap meet with an eye towards making the worn out shoes on offer cores for trade in when getting new linings - that is until I started arranging re-ligning here locally - many of they had worn cambered when viewed in cross section from uneven loading on the lining face which in turn had even worn the pivot bores on a few.

Albervin

VOC Member
Think again, and wonder why the plate is moving nowhere near where the load should be applied. Now does that give you a clue ?
I am guessing that you are saying things are not parallel & perpendicular? :confused:
I tried to fit "lightning" plates to my "B" & I just got squeals & broken springs. Put the old steel plates back & no problems. I then noticed the plates "distorting" under load. A few measurements later & I realised my Bramptons are less than perfect. They track well at speed but below 32 mph they have a slight wobble. Have to fix it some time as it is a pain in stop/start traffic!