How to remove gas tank sealer without harming paint

vbs52

New Forum User
VOC Member
Does anyone know of a company in Florida that is able to remove gas tank sealer (i.e. Kreem, etc) without harming the exterior paint? I came across the company a while ago and cannot find it again now that I need their services.

Whem my tank was painted I had them Kreem it at the same time. It took a while to figure it out but the right side of the tank was not done properly and there's a slab of Kreem on that side of the tank taking up a lot of capacity and doing nothing to prevent rust, which periodically makes its way past the fuel filters and into the carbs causing problems. In short, the machine is unreliable. The Kreem has to go and get replaced by something better, all without harming the paint.

vbs52

New Forum User
VOC Member
Motorcycle Fuel Tank Services

Found the answer to the question and the company is Fuel Tank Services, located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They claim to be able to remove existing rust and coatings and then recoat the inside of the tank, all without harming the outside paint. There are good video links on the site that they have posted on You Tube, that show before and after of the inside (and outside) of the tank. I am going to call them tomorrow to find out more.

vbs52

New Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the tip. Problem is I'm left with a rusty tank and don't want to get involved with coating it myself with something else. I spoke at length with 'George" the owner of Fuel Tank Services and am going to give his service a try. Here's a link:

http://www.fueltankservices.com/