How to advise on the sale of a collection?

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Further on the subject of slime. The widow I'm advising told me that on the Saturday after her husband died a "friend" for whom he had done restoration work for free called. Not to offer condolances, which he didn't, but to request being placed first in line for one of the bikes.

aldeburgh

Non-VOC Member
Unfortunately it will be very "valuable":( at least as much as a collection of non-stevenage motorbicycles:eek:

vibrac

VOC Member
I think this was all done to death (sorry) in a very recent post "How to value a collection" Magnetoman succinctly listed on about page 3 the options open to you to get them valued

Howard

VOC Member
We had a guy come on the VOC stand at the Classic Bike Show last weekend, and asked how much he should pay for a Vincent he knew of. He couldn't tell us any more, than "It's a Vincent" .......... duuuuuuuuur.
Mind you, a nice old gent asked if we knew Bill. He knows Bill used to be in the VOC in the early 60s, he thinks he's still alive and he may have lived in Stoke on Trent.
I think some people think you need a sixth sense to keep a Vin running. :rolleyes:

H