How did you guys choose the model of Vincent you bought?

L

Laplander

David, in real world numbers, what would you say the average prices are for the different models, assuming they were all sorted and restored? I see bikes with big numbers on them, but how many actually sell at the prices they list? Do any of the big names in the Vincent world offer a service to check a bike out and offer their opinions? I'm figureing I am going to drop between 25k and 100k, and if I go after the expensive end, it would be worth it to me to pay someone to look at and give their thumbs up that it is what they say it is. Like I said, I have at most maybe 3 years, so if I buy something and it breaks and needs a rebuild that only a few shops can do and is going to take a long time, then I will have wasted my opportunity.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
David, in real world numbers, what would you say the average prices are for the different models, assuming they were all sorted and restored? I see bikes with big numbers on them, but how many actually sell at the prices they list? Do any of the big names in the Vincent world offer a service to check a bike out and offer their opinions? I'm figureing I am going to drop between 25k and 100k, and if I go after the expensive end, it would be worth it to me to pay someone to look at and give their thumbs up that it is what they say it is. Like I said, I have at most maybe 3 years, so if I buy something and it breaks and needs a rebuild that only a few shops can do and is going to take a long time, then I will have wasted my opportunity.

I think you will get a straight answer about the bikes in the Spares Company after all they are offering a service at a fixed rate irrespective of the owneres asking price

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Davidd, I have to disagree with your comment about Brough's not being ridden anymore, in may and june I covered about 2k miles on my 11.50 but then it decided it needed a rebore so i've had to revert to the vin. A local mate goes to France 3 or 4 times a year on his 11.50 outfit (about 500mls each way) as well as numerous rallies and two others within 30 miles do big mileages every year.
Laplander just go for the one you like,performance wise all the twins are similar.Singles are,well singles.
Chris.