davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Get the Sawzall.jpg

David

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Actually, it's not a bad idea at all. Many models of trucks stay on the market unchanged for years (e.g. Ford F150) so it's probably possible to buy replacement tailgates from junk yards, in the right color, for not much money. If I owned only one dirt bike in LA that I wanted to haul 100 miles out to the desert on weekends, along with other stuff I didn't want bouncing out of the bed, being able to swap to a modified tailgate like this would be a very nice solution.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The last one is better than they did on a TV program, From USA, Where they cut into the Cab for the Harly front wheel !!, The Boss, Boyd ?, Made them weld it all back to how it was, He didn't like it !!. Strange, Because the whole point of the build , Was for the owner to be able to take his bike with him anywhere !!. Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
I had a 1968 GMC one ton step side pick up truck with a 9 foot bed. I never quite understood the attraction of short beds. It fooled a lot of folks at the lumber yard.

David

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I never quite understood the attraction of short beds.
I have a Ford F350 that should have a long bed, but my daughters forced me to install a toolbox in which they store horse-related paraphernalia. So, for hauling purposes it's a short bed. When I carry a motorcycle the tail gate has to be down in order for it to fit.

davidd

VOC Member
Yes, I know a Vincent owner who towed horse trailers and the extra fuel tank forced him to do the same. But, I think that is a good argument for a 9 foot bed!

David