how come i can't do some things in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellywrestler

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
i'd like to be part of a thread in this section but when i hit reply with quote i get a little box come up tellling me i can't and have to go to bed early without pudding etc...
why is that?

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Graeme,
It may be something to do with the fact that your user name is shown in red. This indicates that you are not a member of the VOC or have not completed a successful sign in with your membership number etc.
It could also be that your computer is having a bad day, they are only human.;-)
i'd like to be part of a thread in this section but when i hit reply with quote i get a little box come up tellling me i can't and have to go to bed early without pudding etc...
why is that?

jellywrestler

Non-VOC Member
Dear Graeme,
It may be something to do with the fact that your user name is shown in red. This indicates that you are not a member of the VOC or have not completed a successful sign in with your membership number etc.
It could also be that your computer is having a bad day, they are only human.;-)
funny as i can reply to this one with a quote it's the thread about the bike heading to Aussie that i'm interested in, it's here in unzed saw it the other day asked the auctioneer why there's file marks where there should be an RFM number etc.
back on toici the forum says public access

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
I have checked the database and you are not a member of the Vincent Owners Club.
When you join you will get rights to access certain areas of the Forum.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Non-members can only reply to threads they started.

vibrac

VOC Member
when I join! thanks for the humour i'll just stay here in the cheap seats.

If you think this forum is the only benifit you would get from joining the club I suggest you have made the right choice for yourself, But its always difficult to get a good view of whats going on from the cheap seats...

jellywrestler

Non-VOC Member
If you think this forum is the only benifit you would get from joining the club I suggest you have made the right choice for yourself, But its always difficult to get a good view of whats going on from the cheap seats...
I've been a member the only use it was for me was a discount on parts while building my bike now I can get a real good view from the cheap seats, as good as anyone else in fact......

Albervin

VOC Member
A club will always attract "users". No benefit to a club so best they stay away. Shame really as some may be able to contribute if they only saw the bigger picture. Any of the moderators want to discuss putting Mr J. Wrestler into the very cheap seats?

G

Graham Smith

I've been a member the only use it was for me was a discount on parts while building my bike now I can get a real good view from the cheap seats, as good as anyone else in fact......

Graeme

Since you joined the forum, I note you have posted numerous questions from subs-paying committed Club Members as follows…

1. Ignition Timing
2. Crash Bars
3. Herringbone Pipe
4. Primary Chain
5. Oil/Chain Case
6. ET 104
7. Bore Clearances
8. Spokes
9. Guards
10. Exhausts
11. Gearbox
12. Tail Light
13. FT155
14. Wiring Loom
15. Wheel Bearings
16. Spring Case
17. Throttle Assembly
18. Wheel Lining
19. Speedo Gearbox
20. Feridax Badge
21. FT204
22. Oil Caps
23. Fork Spindles
24. Dampers
25. Fuel Taps
26. Fork Gaiters
27. Barrels
28. Valve Clearance
29. Oil Leakage
30. Brake Return Spring
31. Miller Regulators
32. Damper Eye Bolt
33. Headlight Switch
34. Horn Spacer
35. Rim Locks
36. Thornton Suspension

I'd say your view is pretty narrow-minded.

Thank goodness the majority of Vincent owners aren't of the same opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.