How Collectable ?

kurtflys

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can someone rate the different Vincent's in terms of rarity/value?
Assumeing all bikes are in the same condition, are all Shadows more rare/valuable
than all Rapieds? Are the early bikes worth more than the later ones? A,B,C,D's
Are the "A's" worth more?
Thanks in advance
Kurt
Ps not sure why ?? But i am a member +Lone Star

Last edited:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Allan Johncock or Bev Bowen,in you club can tell you this it varys greatly in different countrys in road bikes White Shadow then a B Black Shadow.

vibrac

VOC Member
Its a good man who can tell you what a Vincent is worth
It seems nowadays sadly the sole feature seems to be if the numbers match Its certainly nothing to do with if it looks good ,handles well, its History or Reliability. If it was then Edddie Stevens Widow would not still be waiting for a customer for his Comet.
As an aside that Comet was the first Vincent I ever looked at in detail around 1960 when Eddie was a teacher at Chesham Tech and he rode there on it every day (somebody said he was a music teacher there was that true?)

Albervin

VOC Member
The easiest way to work out relative "values" is to monitor the auction room sales. You will notice the prices fluctuate a lot from country to country and year to year but the relativity stays about the same. It appears the descending order of production road machines is something like this: A twin, B Shadow, C White Shadow, C Shadow or Black Prince (these have rarely come to auction recently),Black Knight, Open D Shadow, Open D Rapide, B Rapide, C Rapide, A Comet, A Meteor, C Meteor, C Comet, Firefly. I stand to be corrected on any of these but I think this is close to the relative values.

kurtflys

Non-VOC Member
Thanks very much for the information. I did fly down and look at the Comet that was on Ebay this week. It was a nice bike, and sold for 27500. It started up on the first kick=).
Kurt