A recent ride by Alan Cathcart.

David

Attachments

• MCClassics Sept 2018 Small.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 65

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dare I raise the question again? Goodwood have had a strange choice of motorcycle clubs at their revival meetings over the years. I would have thought by now we would have been invited to decorate the paddock and environs for a meeting it would make a change from choppers and scooters. Whatever It's a great event and it gives me a chance to wear my blue teddy boy long jacket

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I see there crankshaft was 2.2 pounds lighter !, Who would think to do that !!. Cheers Bill.
An acquaintance would talk about how much weight he was taking off his race bike during his winter rebuild, an ounce of this, two ounces off that, perhaps three ounces of this component. All this while he was downing another pint and devouring another pie. It was suggested that he could think about losing a few pounds off himself rather than just a few ounces off the bike Not only that, his racing leathers wouldn't be so overstretched either.:D

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
An acquaintance would talk about how much weight he was taking off his race bike during his winter rebuild, an ounce of this, two ounces off that, perhaps three ounces of this component. All this while he was downing another pint and devouring another pie. It was suggested that he could think about losing a few pounds off himself rather than just a few ounces off the bike Not only that, his racing leathers wouldn't be so overstretched either.:D
I don't Drink, Chips was always a problem for me, But I was 6' 3", So it was always hard. Let a friend Sprint my bike, He never rode it before, He was on tip toe !, But he bettered my time. Cheers Bill.

greg brillus

VOC Member
The Horner brothers are not ones for using other peoples parts, especially in the engines. They have their own idea's and thoughts that seem beyond the normal Vincent owner, and I guess this is in part because they played around with the original stuff years ago. Even building this bike to them felt like a giant step backward. because they do some outside work for some of the Touring car race teams who all run V 8's, they pass this knowledge into their Irving Vincent designs. Well they do have a full CNC workshop and their own engine dyno, so they have a fare bit going for them. I doubt if they will return to Goodwood............It would be amazing if they could build a high spec flash to compete in the same class as the Manx's..........That would be very interesting.

vibrac

VOC Member
Ben who keeps an eye on these things checked on the Goodwood Grid
and so we have 3 vincents
a Grey Flash
a Black Shadow
and a Lightning ridden by Guy Martin lets watch the media try and dodge that titbit (Dont hold your breath),
1536090850816.png

Attachments

• 1536090566713.png
    1536090566713.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 14