Hooray for Russell and Vinparts

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi,
Wanted to celebrate the great service I have just received from Russell and Vinparts.

I stripped the thread on FT33, pivot bearing spindle that goes through the RFM assembly. E-mailed Vinparts over the weekend, had a quick chat with Russell on Monday morning and he posted both a C and D FT33 (I have a Series D stand on the Series C Rapide) for me to try, with credit waiting for the one I didn't need.

Given that the bike has been modded to suit the stand I found that the C spindle was too short - the D spindle too long and the lathe is at my Dad's in Scotland - same day Russell turned me a D spindle down to suit and posted it on route to the Ferry for the French Rally.

Why the rush - well I'm riding the Vincent in the Festival of 1000 Bikes on Saturday and Russell and Vinparts have gone that extra mile to help me get the bike sorted for the weekend.

Hooray for Russell (and I owe him a pint or two).

I knew there were some good reasons why I joined the VOC - here's one of them, it's a pleasure dealing with someone knowledgable and just keen to help.

Cheers

Stuart

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
With all of the free advertising that Russell is getting I think that it should be him buying the beer.

Pete
And I thought I was helping out letting others know of good service too.......

I sure would tell people quick enough to avoid someone if it was the other way around.

However, beer always welcome.

Cheers

Stuart

jellywrestler

Non-VOC Member
i'll buy russell a beer too

its one thing getting parts its another to have someone go out of there way which russell has for me also.
i'll buy the man a beer for going out of his way for me while working on my c series rapide, in this case he made nothing from me this time
graeme staples
new zealand

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
its one thing getting parts its another to have someone go out of there way which russell has for me also.
i'll buy the man a beer for going out of his way for me while working on my c series rapide, in this case he made nothing from me this time
graeme staples
new zealand
I don't know Russell very well yet (only over the telephone) - but would he travel that far for a beer!!

Now maybe for bungee........

My Rapide came home from Australia - had been there over 30 years.

Stuart