Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
P1000371.jpg

Honda VFR800 side stand ,one hole needs to be drilled in the FT106
Peter allen

1660bob

VOC Member
Got mine waiting all painted and posh, looks like a good set up.I felt I had to take a file to mine though to beautify it a bit- the sidestand switch bit went and a general clean up to disguise its "Hondaness":), Bob.

vincenttwin

VOC Member
I even put one on my 1939 New Imperial ,I had to shorten it a little and weld on a new flat on the bottom ,works great .getting too old pulling old bikes onto the rear stand ,My A comet has a very good HRD side stand ,wonder why Vincent went away from
that set up also the front mudguard stay works great as a front stand.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
You guys better stop making us post-war chaps feel bad!:)

Don't feel bad Bruce, just watch an 'A' owner trying to mend a rear wheel puncture beside the road. That will make you feel very superior.

Pete

vincenttwin

VOC Member
The return springs get in the way ,maybe a spacer behind the side spring but that would push it out a long way . So unless you move the Dave Hill return spring to the other side I would say NO

highbury731

VOC Member
I don't have one (yet), so don't know the details. I presume there is a lug on the centre stand, and a bolt hole on the side plate for each end of the spring. So if you have a lug welded onto the stand on the right, it will work with the Honda side stand?

davidd

VOC Member
This stand works fine, but it does stand away from the side of the bike quite a bit in its retracted position. It looks like it was designed to hide under a muffler. Without a muffler it sticks out.

David