Honda Clutch Hell

Stanley Chappell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Am just finishing off my Series 'A' Comet, making up the cables. Have done the clutch - a Conways Honda conversion, but can hardly
pull back the lever

Have just spoken to Conways and they said there were two types of springs - red ones and white ones - red being
the strong ones, white the softer, but they haven’t got any you’ve guessed it.

I have the red ones, but can any one help me finding a softer set of springs. I’m sure other people have had the same problem.

Here’s hoping.

Stanley Chappell

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
If they are no good, Any chance you could Cut/ Grind a bit off them,
If there was enough preload to play with ?.
Good Luck, Bill.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
No idea about colour of springs. All I know is I have a Conways Honda clutch on my A Comet purchased approx 5 years ago and I can operate it with two fingers. So the Honda clutch can be made to be a very light operation.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi Stanley,
In the past Conways used the Honda CB/CJ 350 twin for the clutch.
It might be worth looking for springs for that, rather than relying on Conways to get more in stock

HTH
Neil

A Nut

VOC Member
Hi Stan,
As a matter of interest what throw do you have on your clutch as this can make a lot of difference. When I put mine on the C Comet years ago I think I changed 2 of the opposing springs for Suzuki ones. I will see if there are any in my clutch box and bring them to the meeting tonight.
P.S. Ride your Triumph, they have a nice light clutch. I will be on mine tonight!
Brian