Hints on riding in the UK

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Another thought:
If they still have a "Mad Sunday" beware! The mountain section of the course is one way from Ramsey hairpin for anyone to ride. The best thing to do is keep away as the nutters are a danger to themselves and to anybody on that bit of road.

vibrac

VOC Member
To be correct to this thread the Isle of Mann is NOT in the united Kingdom nor is it in the EU
Now there is a thought......

Bob

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
What BigEd said - plus - On roundabouts, ALWAYS give way to traffic on the roundabout coming from your right. Unless of course the roundabout is traffic-light controlled.
Peter B
And once on the roundabout beware of those approaching from the left who don't give way! Happens all the time.

vibrac

VOC Member
So tell us where id it than?
Sure in the UK

I know the united Kingdom,Great Britian, England and the British Isles are confusing concepts a bit like Rapides,Comets,Black Shadows and Lightnings oh and Meteors
Have a look at https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/cabinet-office/external-relations/constitution/
The Isle of Man is not, and never has been, part of the United Kingdom, nor is it part of the European Union. It is not represented at Westminster or in Brussels.
The Island is a self-governing British Crown Dependency - as are Jersey and Guernsey in the Channel Islands - with its own parliament, government and laws. The UK government, on behalf of the Crown, is ultimately responsible for its international relations. The Queen, who is ‘Lord of Mann’, is the Manx Head of State and is represented on the Island by the Lieutenant Governor.

Mike 40M

VOC Member
I have now left the beautiful island with all "links fahren" signs. Once confused in the small streets in Peel, made a mistake, but thanks to that 99% of the motorists was driving/riding carefully, nothing happened. Since most days was rainy, except a few racedays when the course was closed, I didn't see any highspeed bikers. Guess that even idiots know that wet roads are slippery.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I have now left the beautiful island with all "links fahren" signs. Once confused in the small streets in Peel, made a mistake, but thanks to that 99% of the motorists was driving/riding carefully, nothing happened. Since most days was rainy, except a few racedays when the course was closed, I didn't see any highspeed bikers. Guess that even idiots know that wet roads are slippery.
Dear Mike,
I hope you enjoyed your time in the Isle of Man despite the poor weather. It is a magic place. I try to return every few years or so. It has changed quite a lot since I first visited in 1967 but seems to have that charm of its own with a "little behind the times" atmosphere.