high dudgeon leads

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am disturbed at the number of photographed and obviously highly restored machines that have their spark plug leads running up the front barrel/cylinder and trying to meet their destiny in close proximity to the exhaust port and other thermally excited areas.Look carefully at Richardson and please clip the lead to the oil return line,thence behind the head lug ,NOT between the fins under the lug,and finally to the spark plug.You can put an extra clip above and to the rear of the plug on the rocker feed line.The foregoing does not apply to trailer-borne machines-they never get hot anyway!

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
My pet hate is seeing either clear braided pvc or stainless steel braided oil & fuel lines on any classic bike. Particularly when stainless steel braided is attached with worm drive clips over insulating tape to cover the frayed ends !!! Another one is those who polish any brass or copper in sight to a mirror finish :confused: Arrrrrgggghhh !!

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
further to my initial comments

the reason for my comment, initially, was to stop people who ride their machines from shorting out their h.t.leads.It was meant as a practical observation. The man who designed your machine was a practical fellow!If you have twin plug heads just keep the leads where they won't get blown against hot alloy or steel by the onrushing rapidity of your progress.Incidentally, I don't give a pig's burp what a ridden Vincent looks like, but I don't like sloppy mechanics.

Alan J

VOC Member
I'm blushing!!my h.t. lead melted in Portugal 3 years ago and left me in a difficult position on a motorway!! helped by a lovely policeman in very polished boots all was eventually well!! :D:D