A: Oil Pipework Herringbone hose..

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know how many feet of the herringbone hose required to do a complete “C” twin? Both fuel and oil, please..

vibrac

VOC Member
First find your hose:(
As far a I know the manufacturer ceased production, because the customer whose product that used the hose discontinued its use and our 'small' requirements were sitting on the shirt tails of his demand.
I believe the production equipment was also ancient bulky and is no more.
I belive some was around a year or so back but the internal bore was not concentric to the outer whether that came from the original source or someone trying an alternative method of production I have no idea
Making it is a bit more complicated than turning lengths of rubber tube on a lathe with a knurling tool o_O (joke!) but if anyone can think up a way of doing it in his shed he might sell a few hundred feet....

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I got some hose for the return line that was called auto transmission cooler fluid line that is sort of herringbone. This was 20+ years ago and it has held up well.

Trickymicky

VOC Member
I have just bought some roll ends of Herringbone off Feked, they are, or were on their website. One piece of 5/16 which was either 10 or 11 inches long was enough for the return / rocker pipes. I have two similar pieces in 1/4 which i reckon will be enough for the fuel pipes, although not sure if it is ethanol resistant or not.
The 7/16 on the feed is about a foot long.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I purchased 5-13” lengths of A52 today..now I just need a piece of A65..I’ll try Feked tomorrow..
Thanks for all the tips.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Incidentally, all the lengths for hoses are in the Spares List. Allowances must be made for non-standard carburettors, anti-sumping valves and other deviations from Holy Writ.