Herringbone Hose

Sakura

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I'm sure you're correct but the only people who can state with certainty are those who assembled in the factory or bought a bike new. Any other statement is conjecture (with respect). Factory buyers usually go for the lowest cost supplier, or, if there is an interruption in supply, the nearest serviceable equivalent.

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A few years ago I purchased a piece of Spares Co. Herringbone hose for crazy money.
It was about a foot long and was a loose fit over the oil pipe on one end. The other end was a tight push fit.

I guess the high cost was due to the tapered I.D.!
Easy solution, I decided that I've never liked the look of Herringbone hose anyway, smooth automotive type is best!

Glen

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Don't worry there are more than sufficient examples of original kitted bikes now than there ever was in the sixties when every one was different now full circle and all have original equipment, good job some of us like individual touches as it would be as boring as hell going to a meet and seeing all the same "ORIGINALITY".
Really I only go to MEETS to see old friends and educate new owners in the mysteries of the Vincent motor cycle which will last several generations so is a very economical mode of transport. Plus the fact to check I'm not the only silly bugger still using one for all occasions, not just rallies. All makes local meet I'm the only one still using the same bike I had as an apprentice, never a hankering to change but get to try every new bike going just by asking to swap as they always jump at the chance to try a "Vinny" .